Caterpillar Defense currently has an opening for a U.S. Army Account Manager located in Peoria, Illinois. As the U.S. Army Account Manager at Caterpillar, you will work with the U.S. Army acquisition and end-user communities to market and promote Caterpillar products and services. This position provides account manager coverage for direct machine sales to military customers across the U.S. Army, U.S. Army National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve, and Department of Defense (DoD) including U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Joint Munitions Command (JMC), and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Depots and is accountable for delivering the annual business plan and meeting the contractual obligations of our customers.
* Work with U.S. Army and DoD customers, Cat dealers, suppliers, and Caterpillar Machine Business Divisions to develop Caterpillar solutions that maximize machine sales, profits, and customer satisfaction as well as market Caterpillar products and services.
* Perform complex and challenging assignments to support Caterpillar Defense engaging military customers in marketing plans, trade shows, industry events, and customer visits that enable strategic growth opportunities.
* Influence the development of new requirement specifications for Caterpillar products with the U.S. Army Engineer community and with military customers across the U.S. Army and DoD.
* Work across functional areas within Caterpillar Defense as well as the product groups of every Machine Business Division to execute the entire sales process from bidding on competitive solicitations and contract award through delivery of products and services to end-users.
* Provide customer support across the U.S. Army, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army Engineer School, Program Executive Office (PEO) CS&CSS, U.S. Army Futures Command, installations including Directorate of Public Works and Range Control, and other relevant organizations and defense contractors that support the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, USSOCOM, JMC, and DLA Depots.
* Satisfy Caterpillar Defense’s internal and external contractual and regulatory compliance requirements.
* Research and analyze past and future trends with the U.S. Army and DoD.
* Analyze and communicate industry trends and competitive landscape to Caterpillar leadership.
* Develop business strategies and marketing proposals.
* Develop and achieve sales forecasts.
* Analyze end-user applications and product configurations to specify equipment solutions that will meet customer needs.
* Provide guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures.
* Perform complex analysis work, identify and resolve strategic problems by recommending alternative courses of action and collaborating with business partners to exceed customer expectations and deliver profitable results.
* Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering, Marketing, or Business-related curriculum.
* 5+ years prior experience in account management or equivalent experience.
* Thorough knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures.
* Must be willing to travel (30-50%) as well as relocate to Peoria area.
* Service in the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy Seabees, U.S. Marine Corps, or U.S. Air Force as an Engineer Officer/NCO with experience in combat engineering or construction operations is strongly desired.
* Extremely strong communication and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and lead increasingly more complex assignments to provide direction and guidance to teammates and less experienced personnel on project assignments.
* This position involves work subject to restrictive U.S. government regulations. Applicants must be U.S. citizens, not hold dual citizenship with another county, and present evidence of their citizenship. Applicants must pass a U.S. government background check and be able to obtain a U.S. security clearance.
This position involves items or information which may be subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or controlled for national security or other reasons under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). U.S. law prohibits the release of U.S. controlled technology and technical data to certain persons without an approved export license. Therefore persons being considered for this position must be: (1) a U.S. citizen (2) Green Card holder, (3) protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) or (4) qualified for a license, license exemption, or other form of authorization, in order to satisfy the requirements for this position.