Software Engineers design, code, and maintain applications in various software languages. The candidate provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. The candidate will develop, enhance, and maintain software code as assigned and will contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Solves problems which are varied, may be related to multiple issues, and may not be clear. If no precedent exists, complex problems may require research and analysis of alternatives involving many factors.
- Develop design documentation and test procedures demonstrating completion of software projects.
- May independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Contributes to and/or ensures the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Reports status including schedule progress and problems/issues.
- Designs, codes, and maintains applications in various software languages under little supervision.
- Application Programming (C/C++).
- Graphical User Interface programming (C++ with MFC or WPF).
- Writing interface control documents, specifications and test procedures for your designs is expected.
Qualifications – External
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering with 2-5 years’ experience.
- Intermediate understanding of Programming Languages (C#, C++, Java, etc.), Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, General Developer Tools, Database (SQL), Data Formats (XML), Coding Standards, UML, Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Experience with .NET 4.0+ and C# is a plus.
- Proficient with Visual Studio 2010 is a must.
- Familiar with DOORS, JIRA, and Subversion.
- Familiar with User Interface Development is a plus.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design.
- Familiarity with Electronic Warfare (EW), Electronic Attack (EA). Experience with EW or EA is a plus.
- Familiarity with Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) Simulation. Experience with LVC is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Radio Frequency (RF) knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with lab equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Digitial Oscilloscope) is a plus.
- Must have current active U.S. TS/SCI clearance.