We are seeking a talented and creative software engineer who enjoys the challenge of developing both desktop and web-based applications and services. Candidates must be comfortable and experienced with all stages of software product development and taking a product from concept to production.
Applicants need to be able to effectively navigate the technical aspects of complex software products, decipher interactions between software components, and understand the basic technologies used to integrate applications with services.
We are seeking individuals that thrive in a team environment with a passion for solving complex and challenging problems. Textron Systems values employees that enjoy researching technology trends and implementing their findings into existing systems to solve interesting problems within our markets.
This position will follow a 9/80 schedule and can be based in one of our offices or remotely depending on the candidate’s ability to work independently.
- Working in an exciting and supportive team environment
- Developing desktop applications capable of displaying and exploiting large volumes of geospatial data
- Developing leading edge web-based applications that interface with multiple SaaS components
- Integrating desktop and web-based applications and services into larger geospatial exploitation enterprise systems
- Help capture and evolve future user stories and design user interface mockups using best practices for web developers
- Developing unit tests around endpoints and underlying business logic
- Documenting APIs for use by 3rd party integrators
- Code reviews with peers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Remote Sensing, GIS or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience in a team environment.
- US citizenship required.
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in C++ programming
- Understanding of application deployment in both Microsoft Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with development and collaboration tools (Microsoft Azure DevOps, Git, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Educational background or work experience in machine learning, image analysis, full motion video analysis, or GIS is a strong plus
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a diverse audience, including upper management and customers.
Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave