The Marines Corps’ Prepositioning Program (MCPP) provides maintenance and logistics services for critical ground combat vehicles and support equipment for the Marines. In our overseas operations, we provide forward logistics support to the USMC in support of contingency operations and sustainment operations within the Middle East theater of operations. We also provide subject matter experts in the logistics arena to provide expertise, flexibility, increased velocity, and capacity to ensure continued success for the Marine Corps. KBR Government Solutions U.S. has worked hand in hand with the Marine Corps, building the program and establishing a track record unparalleled in attainment, timeliness, and combat readiness.
Perform basic automotive mechanic duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of the Engineer (construction). Equipment: M9 ACE, Excavator, Kalmar RTCH, Cranes, Graders, Scraper-Tractor, Runway Sweeper, Bulldozer, Crawler, Backhoe, Forklift, and Multi-size Hi-output Generators. Equipment has utility systems or special hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical systems features, and controls designed for combat, logistical, or other special applications. Provide technical assistance, guidance, or training to junior mechanics and assist senior mechanics. Perform other tasks as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Four years directly related (mechanical) work experience.
• Complete a Construction Equipment and/or Generator Repair-related Course or equivalent.
• Knowledge of how engines, hydraulic systems, transmission, and other parts and systems work.
• Ability to detect faulty items, determine cause of malfunction, and determine best repair methods.
• Ability to assemble, disassemble, repair, or modify components and systems.
• Ability to read and interpret parts lists, manufacturer’s repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
• Thorough understanding of the principles of operation and required repairs of all components and sub-components to include, the hull, suspension, track, engine, transmission, crane, winches, and sub-components.
• Complies with all established methods, quality standards and time schedules.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• REQUIRES U.S. CITIZENSHIP.
• Valid States Driver’s License.
• Able to obtain a U.S. Government Common Access (CAC) Card.
• Must have a valid U.S. passport to start employment.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
• Must pass a comprehensive physical examination (Military Sealift Command standards), drug screening, and detailed background investigation.
Excellent salary. Benefits beginning on date of hire. Relocation not required; KBR will deploy you from your home of record. 6 months deployed, 3 weeks home (travel paid by KBR) and repeat; bonus paid upon completion of each year. Room & meals provided at no cost onboard your assigned ship.