Textron Systems Electronic Systems designs and develops test and simulation hardware and software for Electronic Warfare (EW) applications. This includes systems used on the flight line, range or in a lab to simulate enemy radar or missile threats for the purpose of testing aircraft sensors and electronics, or for training a pilot. High fidelity software and hardware design is required to accurately simulate threats in an ever evolving and expanding electromagnetic threat environment.
- Solving problems which are varied, may be related to multiple issues, and may not be clear. If no precedent exists, complex problems may require research and analysis of alternatives involving many factors.
- At times independently determining and developing approach to solutions.
- Contributing to and/or ensuring the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Reporting status including schedule progress and problems/issues.
- Designing, coding, and maintaining applications in various software languages under little supervision.
- Embedded programming (C/C++) for Microcontrollers or FPGAs.
- Graphical User Interface programming.
- Writing interface control documents, specifications and test procedures for your designs.
- Working closely with hardware in a lab setting, and debugging using lab equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope).
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 2+ years of related experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 5+ years of related experience
- Intermediate to expert level understanding of Programming Languages (C#, C++, Java, etc.), Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, General Developer Tools, Database (SQL), Data Formats (XML), Coding Standards, Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks/handle multiple tasks, solve problems, meet deadlines, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Experience with .NET 4.0+ and C#.
- Proficient with Visual Studio 2010 and later.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design.
- Familiar with Windows Presentation Foundation.
- Radio Frequency (RF) knowledge is a plus.
- Signal Processing skills are a plus.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. secret clearance is required.