The Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Civil Engineer (CE) shall provide architectural and engineering services that support project, work order, and work request operations. The aforementioned services are in support of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). In addition, this position shall serve as the Alternate Site Manager for PSAB.
- Ensure compliance with all US laws, Saudi Labor Law, US EPA Guidelines, Final Governing Standards (FGS), Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document (OEBGD), US Building Codes, Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Electric Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) standards. In addition, ensure site activities comply with applicable US, DoD, and Host Country codes and standards to include American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), International Plumbing Code (IPC), National Plumbing Code (NPC), Building & Fire codes concerning health, safety, and the environment in the design and construction of real property facilities at all times.
- Efforts include planning for repair and maintenance, designing, providing technical support, and updating record drawings.
- Provide effective program management to ensure projects are designed and construction work is completed to support mission requirement.
- Develop and administer Activity/Asset Management Plans (AMP) that translates Air Force and installation objectives into asset-related decisions by understanding assets’ physical attributes, condition, usage, and performance as well as the realized and potential value to the mission. These plans should balance risk, current and future objectives, resource limitations, and lifecycle management.
- Manage and supervise personnel, equipment, tools, vehicles, and other items and services necessary to perform all civil engineer services, tasks, and functions for PSAB.
- This position shall function as an integral team member, cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral team members as required.
- Ensure all contractual performance objectives are met.
- As required, be available within two (2) hours of notification to meet on the installation with Government personnel.
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel, plus or minus 10%, at all times.
- Responsible for proper utilization, accounting, and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment tools, information and Data).
- Ensure required contractual submittals are provided to the government.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or advanced degrees desired
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Project Management Professional highly preferred but not required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver's License.
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance or must be able to acquire a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience
- Project management, pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player with decision-making ability.
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and other common products used in office environments or within the Engineering and Construction Industry.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM theater requirements.