The Contract Specialist must be able to assist with all aspects of the contract from initiation to final close-out.
- Assist in the coordination, planning, execution, and close-out of projects of substantial scope and complexity involving medical facility repair and maintenance.
- Utilizing guidance directed by Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR, DFARs, and AFAR), assist Government personnel in day-to-day management, control, coordination, and execution of assigned projects. Support implementation of guidance, laws, regulations, and policies in the development of the project and products. Assist with negotiations and integration of sponsor/customer needs and other agencies' commitments in support of assigned projects.
- Integrate schedules, milestones, and budgets based on feedback from project manager and customers.
- Provide input for operating budgets related to assigned projects.
- Assist in the controls and management of project milestones and budgets from planning through project completion.
- Review and analyze contract invoices and internal cost reports to assure charges are all authorized and appropriate.
- Monitor progress, measure performance, and take necessary corrective action to maintain agreed-upon schedule and cost.
- Provide status reports on projects assigned (progress, issues, trends) to the Contracting Officer and/or Project Manager.
- Support the Project Delivery Team (PDT) in all phases of communication.
- Keep the sponsor/customer fully informed of project status, issues and their resolution, and any impacts on cost.
- Use Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF Programs, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and similar office productivity software to produce memorandums, fill in forms, prepare briefings, and track information pertinent to the contracts.
- Track, file, and account for all related correspondence.
- Learn, use, and suggest improvements for the local filing systems. This includes electronic, share drive, and hard-copy.
- Maintain files pertaining to all duties performed in accordance with statute and regulation.
- Provide support and assistance with acquisition strategy, market research, pre-award support, solicitation development, contract award support, post-award support, and contract close-out support.
All candidates must meet these requirements:
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
• 5 years of experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree