Textron Systems is seeking a Global Military Sales & Strategy Director to join our team of high-performing and diverse business development professionals to provide advanced capabilities for our nation’s warfighters. Candidates will identify, develop and shape US Army Indirect Fires-related new business opportunities to provide comprehensive, mission-focused solutions to our domestic and international customers in support of assigned line of business/program areas.
Key activities include:
• Capability gap analysis, opportunity identification and associated shaping activities
• Develop and manage key campaign and capture plans, and identify key players needed in the capture management process for successful execution
• Customer engagement planning and execution for key campaigns and captures; internal and external relationship management before, during and after a sale
• Active leadership roles on capture and proposal teams, including business gate reviews on assigned orders/pursuits/opportunities
• Continuous sales research, competitive assessments and market analysis
• Support business budget planning processes, manage assigned budget responsibilities, and execute on orders as defined by program/product line
• Represent Textron/Textron Systems at key trade shows and events (domestic and international)
• Coordinate efforts across business units and business lines
• May have direct reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or similar technical field), business, or equivalent, plus 15 years of relevant business development, military experience or civil service.
• Significant experience with US Government DoD budget planning, programming and execution, requirements development and acquisition processes.
• Working knowledge of US and foreign strategic, operational and tactical fires systems and ammunition, fire support command and control, and associated doctrine and concepts
• Working knowledge of Fires Center of Excellence (FCoE), Long Range Precision Fires Cross Functional Team, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) and JPEO Armaments & Ammunition organizations, priorities and processes.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively (technical and non-technical) with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, leadership and business partners.
• Proven record of building and leading diverse teams in a collaborative environment across distributed locations and organizations.
• Strong leadership skills to cultivate, expand, and maintain internal and external customer relationships, assess technology and opportunities to provide customer solutions and develop program capture and campaign plans.
• Established credibility in U.S. Government, especially DoD, with understanding of military training, tactics and procedures
• Ability to travel domestic/international as directed
• Security Clearance required
• Master’s degree in Business, Management, National Security Affairs, or equivalent
• Experience in strategic planning, identifying and pursuing new opportunities, competitive assessments/market analysis, program management
• Aerospace/Defense experience, especially in Field Artillery, Precision Fires, Hypersonics
• Operational military background desired
• Working knowledge of various DoD Science & Technology organizations i.e. U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Armaments Center (CCDC-AC), Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center (CCDC-AvMC), Army Research Laboratory (ARL), etc
• Familiarity with USMC Fires priorities and requirements
• PMP accreditation a plus
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Marc Rawls, MSgt, USAF (Retired)