Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in either Textron System’s Applied Technologies & Advanced Programs division or Unmanned Systems division. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
As an electrical engineer, you will perform a variety of assignments including conceptual design, engineering analysis, detailed sub-system electrical design, integration, test, and manufacturing and field support. A strong candidate will possess a broad range of engineering skills and could perform as an individual contributor or as a team lead. You will have the opportunity to work in a multi-functional team environment with a diverse array of exciting technologies and products that directly support our nation’s war fighters.
• Perform detailed design of electrical and electronic assemblies.
• Perform analysis, integration, and testing.
• Contribute to concept development as part of internal cross-functional design teams, including prototyping and production support.
• Prepare high-quality formal engineering documentation such as drawings, presentations, specifications, design presentations to customers, test plans, and test reports.
• Support proposal activity, providing input to cost estimates and risk assessments.
• May lead a design team.
• May plan product development, produce technical white papers, and brief management on planning and progress.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering with 2 or more years’ experience is required, or Master’s Degree with 1 year of experience.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering with 5 or more years’ experience is required, a similar or Systems Engineering Master’s or PhD with 3 or more years’ experience is preferred.
• Extensive design and integration experience in military and/or commercial systems, control systems, EMI/EMC, power and safety.
• Proven track record of innovation and problem solving in cross functional teams.
• Familiarity with simulation tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, Agile development methods, Model-based Systems Engineering, and Hardware-in-the-Loop simulation & test is required.
• Design and integration experience in some or all of the products and practices below:
o AC and DC power and motors, motor controllers, and brakes
o Power converters
o Embedded control, classical and modern control theory, and sensors
o Tolerance analysis
o Fault tree development
o Programming and algorithm development
o Circuit and systems simulation & statistical analysis
o Grounding and environmental control
• The candidate should have experience with design for safe operation and maintenance of high and medium voltage (200-600VDC) power used in electric and hybrid vehicles, for both maritime and ground applications.
• CANbus experience is a plus.
• Model-Based Systems Engineering is a plus.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Marc Rawls, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist
o: 985-661-3391 cell: 985-377-6092