The Director for GMSS Sea based systems would be responsible for executing the Textron Systems Sea/Marine based strategy involved with new opportunities. Reporting directly to the VP of GMSS Marine & Land Systems, the Dir will identify, define, shape, and capture over $700M in near and outyear opportunities to include UISS Full Rate Production, Long-Range USV, Medium and Large USVs, and other Marine based opportunities. The position would require interfacing with ELT members of Textron Systems, Senior Military Personnel at both the Pentagon and Navy Yard, and potentially International allies.
• Lead development, engagement and shaping of new business opportunities
• Develop and execute engagement plans at all levels of DoD
• Ensure that a continuous program of sales research and market analysis are maintained
• Provide leadership and development over capture process during gate reviews including O-Gate and W-Gate reviews on assigned orders/pursuits/opportunities (internal)
• Manage key Sea campaigns, opportunities and capture on orders and identify key players needed in the capture management process for successful execution
• Responsible for executing on orders as defined by program/product line
• Lead proposal teams through the acquisition process
• Represent Textron/Textron Systems at key trade shows and events (domestic and international)
• Manage customer relationships and lead key campaigns; keep open line of communication before, during and after a sale with customers
• Partially responsible for business budget planning
• Provide and support leadership over the Sea line of business/program area
• Coordinate efforts across business units and business lines
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business; Master’s degree in Business/National Security Affairs a plus
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience, Surface Navy desirable
• Substantive involvement in U.S. Government/DoD program/budget process
• Thorough understanding of complex government processes and procedures
• Understanding of military training, tactics and procedures
• Aerospace/Defense experience
• Ability to present/receive technical briefing to/from senior government officials
• Established credibility in U.S. Government, especially DoD
• International market experience
• Military/civilian government service desired
• Working knowledge of various DoD Science & Technology organizations i.e. Office of Naval Research (ONR).
• Experience working with Marine Corps Systems Command and US Navy requirements and acquisition offices
• Working knowledge of DoD (USN and USMC) requirements generation and acquisition processes
• Security Clearance required
• PMP accreditation a plus
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Marc Rawls, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist
o: 985-661-3391 cell: 985-377-6092